Reiki Healing Training
Reiki is always taught by a Reiki Master.
I offer all three levels of Reiki Training which are
- Reiki I
- Reiki II and
The essential parts of each level of training are the ‘attunements’, a series of rituals, hand-placements and mantras, performed by the Master to align the energy of the student with the Reiki Channel of Universal Energy. This enables the student to connect to and work with Reiki energy.
Because of this, Reiki training is often referred to as having ‘Reiki Attunements’.
There are many variations of Reiki and even more ways of teaching it.
It is most important therefore, that you do some research before signing up for Reiki training, to ensure the Master and the course suit you.
Why come to me for your Reiki Attunements?
- I am very experienced both as a teacher of Reiki and as a Reiki healer. I qualified as a Reiki Practitioner in 2002 and have been a Reiki Master/Teacher since 2005. This enables me to provide support and expertise, answer questions, give reassurance and bring a great depth and breadth of knowledge to your training.
- I have had twenty years’ experience as a teacher, examiner and supervisor of energy healing in the most prestigious establishments in the country. I have taught hundreds of students, of all ages and from all walks of life and continue to do so, increasing my experience as I work.
- Through my Reiki Lineage, I am very closely connected to the Mikao Usui, the re-discoverer of Reiki. In a world where there are so many ways of teaching Reiki, this gives me confidence that the teaching I am passing on, is authentic and can be trusted. My Lineage can be seen below.
- I work to the highest levels of professionalism and teach my students to do the same.
- I offer ongoing support to all students should they wish to have it.
- You can come to me for all 3 levels of training
- You can come to me for just one or two levels. There is no obligation to ‘sign-up’ for it all. You should trust your intuitive knowing at all times.
- I am happy to work on a one-to-one basis
- If more than one student wishes to be attuned at the same time, I am happy to work in a small group of up to four students
- This means each student receives a high degree of attention and is attuned individually and privately. This is important to me and I feel it gives the student a very sacred, personal experience.
- For those who have had attunements in the past but don’t feel happy with them, I can offer re-attunement if necessary, but also offer ‘reconnection’ and ‘revision’ sessions – see below.
- Working with Reiki and Energy Healing as a teacher or therapist, is my vocation. To be able to introduce someone to this work is a privilege and a pleasure and for this, I am truly grateful.
- Please contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to chat about the training I offer.
My Reiki Lineage
When you decide to have a Reiki Attunement, you may wish to consider the Lineage of your Reiki Master. The Lineage is the connection your Master has with the re-discoverer of modern Reiki, Mikao Usui. This connection, like a family tree, should be able to be traced directly back to Usui, through the Reiki Masters that have come before your Master. Your Master will traditionally have his or her Lineage written on each certificate and may give you a copy of this Lineage during your training.
Here is mine.
Mikao Usui: Re-discoverer of Reiki in the modern age
Chujiro Hayashi: Usui’s successor who established Reiki in Japan.
Hawayo Takata: Hayashi’s successor who brought Reiki to the western world.
Fran Brown: One of Takata’s 22 Masters taught entirely by her.
Dorris Denby: Taught by Takata to Levels I and ll, and made a Master by Fran Brown, as Takata had died before Dorris was ready to be made a Master.
Jocelyn Graef: Taught by Takata to Levels I and ll and made a Master by Dorris Denby (who was Jocelyn’s mother) as Takata had died before Jocelyn was ready to be made a Master.
Claire Montanaro: Attuned by Jocelyn Graef to all three levels of Reiki.
Julia Shepherd: Attuned by Claire Montanaro to all three levels of Reiki.
Having found a suitable Master, the first step to becoming either a Reiki Practitioner or eventually even a Reiki Master, is to take the Level l Attunement. During three sessions, you will be aligned with the Reiki Energy which you will then be able to use straight away. This is most useful for self-healing or for practising on family and... read more »
Approximately six months after completing Reiki One, you can progress to ‘Reiki ll’ - the Second Level Attunement. The teaching for this level includes: One Attunement, which aligns you still further with the Reiki Energy, strengthening your link to the Universal Life Force and enhancing your ability to channel the healing energy The passing on of 3 Reiki Symbols with which to... read more »
Should you wish to progress to the level of Reiki Master, you should usually spend three years at Practitioner Level, gaining experience of client and energy work. For the Mastership level, you will receive one more Attunement which links you to the Master Energy of the Reiki Channel. The remainder of the course will be devoted to teaching you how to... read more »
Sometimes, someone who has had Attunements for either Reiki l or Reiki ll, comes to me saying that he or she has lost their connection. They may feel this because they have not used Reiki for a long time, or because they feel inconfident about their abilities. At this point, I am often asked to carry out a re-attunement. I have... read more »
Fees for Attunements Level One - £150.00 Level Two - £350.00 Mastership - £650.00 Fees for Revise, Refresh and Reconnect Sessions A One-hour session - £50.00 A Two-hour session - £90.00 How do I arrange to have my attunements or a revision session? If this interests you please contact me for further details. Revision sessions can be arranged in the same way as therapy appointments. For Reiki Attunements I... read more »